Postpartum Haemorrhage (PPH) Masterclass – 10 January 2022
Student discount available – to redeem use code STU30 at checkout
Please ensure that you have read and understood our terms and conditions before booking. There is an administration charge of £40 per booking which will be made for any cancellations – as we are a not for profit organisation and will have incurred costs.
COURSE DELIVERY AND CERTIFICATION
One full day of Online training.
7.5 Hours CPD Relevant.
This exciting and hugely popular one-day course is beneficial for all maternity healthcare professionals and the wider team responsible for the antenatal, intrapartum, and postnatal care of women and birthing people.
This course aims to support healthcare professionals in effectively managing instances of PPH and PAS disorders through evidence-based training. The course focuses on current concepts and logical approaches in order to improve maternal outcomes:
- Aetiology and principles of management of massive PPH
- The role of the algorithm “HAEMOSTASIS” including the role of uterine tamponade, compression sutures and interventional radiology
- Recognition of the amount of blood loss by understanding the concepts of visual estimation of blood loss (VBL) and gravitometric methods, and the use of “Obstetric shock index (OSI)” and the “Rule of 30”
- Pathogenesis & antenatal diagnosis of Placenta Accreta Spectrum Disorders (PAS)
- Current concepts in the management of Placenta Accreta Spectrum Disorders: Radical and uterus-conserving conservative surgical options
- Video demonstration of the Triple P procedure and the use of uterine tamponade balloon in the management of abnormal invasion of the placenta
- Discussion of multi-disciplinary team management of massive PPH
- Interactive case discussion with audience participation and breakout groups
You may also like…
Obstetric and Intrapartum Emergencies
The Handbook of CTG Interpretation – Edwin Chandraharan