Learning From Adverse Events in Maternity Services – South East – 18 and 19 November 2020
Student discount available – to redeem use code STU30 at checkout
Please ensure that you have read and understood our terms and conditions before booking. There is an administration charge of £40 per booking which will be made for any cancellations – as we are a not for profit organisation and will have incurred costs.
COURSE DELIVERY AND CERTIFICATION
Two full days of training, including lunch, tea and coffee.
12 Hours CPD Relevant.
All members of the maternity team including midwives, obstetricians, risk managers, maternity safety champions, bereavement support staff and all staff involved in quality/safety improvement.
This course is of benefit to all maternity professionals wishing to learn more about investigative processes and safety improvement.
This two-day training course is designed to give attendee’s knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- Understand all current national notification and reporting requirements.
- To understand the principles of good incident investigation including human factors, systems thinking, methodology and tools.
- Be confident and skilled in how to engage and support families throughout investigative processes (sensitively and compassionately).
- Understand the principles of a ‘just culture’ and how to support staff following adverse events.
- Write good, clear and effective investigation reports.
- Develop effective and evidenced based improvement actions.