Learning From Adverse Events in Maternity Services – London – 27 and 28 February 2020
12 Hours Relevant for CPD
£240 for 2 full days of training, including lunch, tea and coffee. Please note administration fee charges of £40 per booking will be made for any cancellations as we are a not for profit organisation and will have incurred costs.
£210 for students. Use code STU30 at the checkout. (T&Cs apply.)
Please click to view our FAQs and booking policies.
Relevant For: All members of the maternity team including midwives, obstetricians, risk managers, maternity safety champions, bereavement support staff and all staff involved in quality/safety improvement.
This course is of benefit to all maternity professionals wishing to learn more about investigative processes and safety improvement.
This two-day training course is designed to give attendee’s knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- Understand all current national notification and reporting requirements.
- To understand the principles of good incident investigationincluding human factors, systems thinking, methodology and tools.
- Be confident and skilled in how to engage and support families throughout investigative processes (sensitively and compassionately).
- Understand the principles of a ‘just culture’ and how to support staff following adverse events.
- Write good, clear and effective investigation reports.
- Develop effective and evidenced based improvement actions.