Implementing Saving Babies’ Lives: Ultrasound Practical Day – Market Harborough – 7 June 2019
6 Hours Relevant for CPD
This course provides 7 CPD credits in accordance with the CPD Scheme of the ‘Royal College of Radiologists’.
£140 for full day of training, including lunch, tea and coffee. Please note administration fee charges of £40 per booking will be made for any cancellations as we are a not for profit organisation and will have incurred costs.
Relevant For: This course is for all clinical staff with an interest in preterm delivery and the management of small babies. Heads of Midwifery, Midwifery Sisters, Sonographers, Screening Coordinators, Improvement Leads (those who are part of the Maternal and Neonatal Health Safety Collaborative or who are implementing the Saving Babies Lives Care Bundle), O&G Consultants and Trainees. Basic scanning experience is desirable, but not essential.
- To provide a theoretical basis for the use of ultrasound in the prediction and prevention of adverse outcomes associated with preterm birth, growth restriction, and stillbirth.
- To demonstrate and instruct in ultrasound skills relevant to these conditions, in particular:
- Uterine, umbilical, and fetal Dopplers.
- Transvaginal scan assessment of the cervical and internal os.
- To guide appropriate application and interpretation of these skills and findings within the clinical setting.
- Normal ultrasound appearances, measurements and reports.
- Identifying the SGA/FGR fetus using ultrasound.
- Implications of asymmetrical / symmetrical FGR.
- Customised and population-based growth charts.
- Placental, amniotic fluid, and Doppler parameters.
- Transvaginal scan assessment of the cervix and internal os.
- Appropriate interventions.
Basic scanning experience is desirable, but not essential – all are welcome!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest.