Implementing Saving Babies’ Lives: prevention of preterm birth, growth restriction and stillbirth – 8 October 2021 – Commissionable
Effective care of mothers and babies at risk of preterm birth, fetal growth restriction and stillbirth
Student discount available – to redeem use code STU30 at checkout
Please ensure that you have read and understood our terms and conditions before booking. There is an administration charge of £40 per booking which will be made for any cancellations – as we are a not for profit organisation and will have incurred costs.
COURSE DELIVERY AND CERTIFICATION
One full day of training, including lunch, tea and coffee
6 Hours CPD Relevant.
This course is for all clinical staff with an interest in preterm delivery and the management of small babies. Heads of Midwifery, Midwifery Sisters, Sonographers, Screening Coordinators, Improvement Leads (those who are part of the Maternal and Neonatal Health Safety Collaborative or who are implementing the Saving Babies Lives Care Bundle), O&G Consultants and Trainees.
This course aims to provide evidence-based clinical overview of care for babies at risk of preterm birth, growth restriction, and stillbirth.
- Identifying women at risk of preterm birth.
- Prediction and prevention of prematurity.
- Care of the pre-term baby.
- Identifying pregnancies at risk of SGA.
- Optimal methods for diagnosing the small baby: fundal height measurements, customised growth charts.
- Management of SGA: implementing surveillance as set out in national guidelines.
- Antenatal identification of babies at risk of stillbirth.
- Strategies to reduce stillbirth in your unit.
- Optimal assessment of fetal wellbeing: fetal movements, growth and doppler scans, antenatal CTG.
You may also like…
Implementing Saving Babies’ Lives: Ultrasound Practical Day – Market Harborough – 7 June 2019£140.00
Implementing Saving Babies’ Lives: prevention of preterm birth, growth restriction and stillbirth – Birmingham – 13 September 2019£120.00
Implementing Saving Babies’ Lives: Ultrasound Practical Day – Market Harborough – 11 October 2019