Healthcare Incident Investigation Online Training: 31st October – 4th November 2022
£1,950 for five full days online training
Please ensure that you have read and understood our terms and conditions before booking. There is a non-refundable deposit of £195 (10% of the course fee) for any cancellations – as we are a not for profit organisation and will have incurred costs.
Course Delivery and Certification
In recognition of the Coronavirus pandemic, the course has been designed to be delivered online. Delegates will receive an electronic course pack and detailed instructions for how to logon.
Upon completion of the course delegates will receive a CPD Certificate in ‘Foundation in healthcare incident investigation’ from Cranfield University.
The course will be particularly relevant to the maternity setting, but the principles, techniques and methodology taught is equally applicable to all types of healthcare incident investigation in accordance with the national Serious Incident Framework
About the course
The course is based around a week-long healthcare incident simulation and utilises an array of practical exercises throughout to enable consolidation of learnt skills.
These exercises range from delegates conducting interviews with healthcare professionals and supporting actors, to interpretation and analysis of evidence, developing findings, and writing recommendations. Practical exercises are based on a simulated event that is based on real-world scenario, so delegates will gain experience conducting a high-fidelity simulated investigation.
Specialist training will be provided in the following areas:
- Gathering and recording evidence.
- Establishing and recording a sequence of events.
- Identifying and recording causal and contributory factors relating to the case.
- Engaging and involving families.
- Interviewing techniques (structured, semi-structured, cognitive).
- Developing and writing appropriate reports and healthcare recommendations.
- Delivering and understanding of regulatory and NHS patient safety policies.
- Understanding systemic investigations and human performance issues.
- Understanding organisational factors and safety culture.