Delivering Excellence in Perinatal Mental Health Care – South East – 4 September 2020
Hours Relevant for CPD TBC
£TBC for a full day of training, including lunch, tea and coffee. Please note administration fee charges of £40 per booking will be made for any cancellations as we are a not for profit organisation and will have incurred costs.
Please click to view our FAQs and booking policies.
Relevant For: All maternity health care professionals and the wider team responsible for the antenatal, intrapartum, and postnatal care of a woman. The programme will also be relevant for GPs.
Aims of the Course
- To enable non-mental health practitioners to identify women with mental health problems and effectively interact with them, at different stages of her care.
- To recognise when and how to appropriately escalate the care of a woman suffering with her mental health.
- To provide the context and up-to-date knowledge base of perinatal mental health.
Using a combination of formal talks, workshops, and discussions the following topics will be covered:
- The empirical and experiential context of perinatal mental health
- Identifying & assessing perinatal mental health (screening)