Aims of the Course
To provide an understanding of the main trends in obstetric incidences; setting a context following the ‘Five years of cerebral palsy claims: a thematic review of NHS Resolution data’ report, lessons learned and strategies for implementation into practice to improve outcomes for mother and baby, and the clinical team.
Please note: Clinical and legal examples will be provided throughout this course to illustrate learning points
For all members of the maternity team including midwives, obstetricians and anaesthetists, together with risk managers, claims managers, and lawyers handling clinical negligence claims.
This unique one-day course focuses on the following important elements of clinical negligence and new case law for maternity teams:
- ‘Five years of cerebral palsy claims: a thematic review of NHS Resolution data’ – key findings.
- NHS Resolution driving recommendations from ‘Five years of cerebral palsy claims: a thematic review of NHS Resolution data’ report.
- Consent to treatment issues in Maternity claims.
- The Patient’s Perspective.
- The Clinician’s Perspective.
- Why does intrapartum management remain a fundamental issue in so many cases?
- Personal accountability and whistleblowing.