Resilience, Resourcefulness and Wellbeing – London – 10 July 2018
6 Hours Relevant for CPD
£155 for full day of training, including lunch, tea and coffee. Please note administration fee charges of £40 per booking will be made for any cancellations as we are a not for profit organisation and will have incurred costs.
All members of the maternity team, including midwives, obstetricians, theatre support staff, anaesthetists and healthcare professionals. It is also relevant for medico-legal practitioners.
Aims of the Course
For participants to gain a better understanding of resilience, how to access it in challenging times and how to support colleagues and patients to be in touch with their own resilience.
- Learn how state of mind and social support shapes resilience.
- Raise awareness of how thought creates experience and influences outcomes.
- Expand capacity to perform at peak potential even in complex and stressful environments.
- Understand resilience from both a personal and team/group perspective.
- Review how personal thinking and behaviour might influence resilience
- Integrate the learning with relevant key objectives of the NHS
The intent is that each and every participant leaves the programme with:
- New insights into how to access their own resilience.
- A renewed sense of confidence in their capacity to respond appropriately and wisely in challenging circumstances.
- A profound awareness of the difference understanding resilience and wellbeing can make to teams who work with women, -their babies and their families.
- Identifying actions that can be taken by individuals and teams at work to support accessing resilience and wellbeing.
The following key domains will be covered:
An exploration of resilience –identifying the nature of resilience, uncovering myths and unhelpful taken for granted assumptions.
The role that perception and thought plays in fuelling resilience and wellbeing.
How being resilient positively influences the effects and outcomes of typical challenging scenarios at work.
Creating contexts that support colleagues and patients to be resilient
How to be with patients’ distress and upset without it having a detrimental effect on yourself.
Clinical Implications and relevance – How resilience applies to patient safety and maternity care.
0 Have sold