Learning from Five Years of Cerebral Palsy Claims – Guernsey – 18 January 2019
6 Hours Relevant for CPD
£120 for full day of training, including lunch, tea and coffee. Please note administration fee charges of £40 per booking will be made for any cancellations as we are a not for profit organisation and will have incurred costs.
Please click to view our FAQs and booking policies.
Relevant For: For all members of the maternity team including midwives, obstetricians and anaesthetists, together with risk managers, claims managers, and lawyers handling clinical negligence claims.
Aims of the Course
The aim of the study day is to provide an understanding of the main trends in obstetric incidences; setting a context following the ‘Five Years of Cerebral Palsy Claims’ report, lessons learned and strategies for implementation into practice to improve outcomes for mother and baby, and the clinical team.
This unique one-day course focuses on the following important elements of clinical negligence and new case law for maternity teams:
• Five Years of Cerebral Palsy Claims – key findings
• NHS Resolution Response to ‘Five Years of Cerebral Palsy Claims’ Report
• Consent to treatment issues in Maternity claims
• The Patient’s Perspective
• The Clinician’s Perspective
• Why does intrapartum management remain a fundamental issue in so many cases?
• Personal Accountability & Whistleblowing