CTG Masterclass – London – 19 April 2018
Intrapartum Assessment of Fetus and Management of Fetus at Risk of Intrapartum Hypoxic Injury
Best practice in intrapartum management.
6 Hours CPD Relevant
£99 for one day training, including lunch, tea and coffee. Please note administration fee charges of £30 per booking will be made for any cancellations as we are a not for profit organisation and will have incurred costs.
Please click to view our FAQs and booking policies.
Relevant For : This highly acclaimedCTG Masterclass course is beneficial for all midwives, obstetricians and clinical negligence lawyers who are involved in interpreting CTG traces. A basic knowledge of CTG interpretation would be beneficial, but not essential.
The NHSLA report ‘Ten Years of Maternity Claims’ has highlighted cardiotocograph (CTG) interpretation as a major source of litigation, with the main allegations focusing on the failure to recognise an abnormal CTG and act on it. Failure to refer appropriately and poor documentation were also commonly recognised in the report.
- To provide evidence-based training on CTG Interpretation based on fetal physiology and pathophysiology of intrapartum hypoxic injury so as to reduce hypoxic ischaemic encephalopathy and perinatal deaths whilst reducing unnecessary operative interventions
- To understand control of fetal heart rate and the factors that affect the features observed on the Cardiotocograph (CTG)
- To understand the types of intrapartum hypoxia and resultant features observed on CTG Trace
- To appreciate wider clinical picture such as inflammation, infection and meconium whilst interpreting CTG Traces
- To ensure rational application of National Guidelines and the role of additional tests of fetal wellbeing to optimize perinatal outcomes
- To effect a paradigm shift from pattern recognition to the use of knowledge of fetal pathophysiology whilst interpreting CTG Traces
- Principles of Intermittent Auscultation to ensure effective monitoring of low risk pregnancies
- Pathophysiology of CTG to help understand physiology behind observed ‘CTG Patterns’
- CTG Guidelines – ‘rational application’ in clinical practice
- Use of CTG with special clinical situations such as previous caesarean sections, preterm, meconium and oxytocin
- Risk management strategies to reduce hypoxic injuries in labour ward, including the use of ‘intra-uterine resuscitation’
- Interactive Case Reviews: to help delegates use the knowledge of physiology in CTG Interpretation and to determine fetal response to hypoxic stress
- Avoiding medico-legal pitfalls by greater understanding of the types of hypoxia and avoidance of erroneous recording of the maternal heart rate as fetal heart rate & Understanding the technology behind CTG Machines
- Understanding acid–base balance and the role of additional tests of fetal wellbeing to reduce the false positive rate of CTG
- Principles of ST-Analyser (STAN) to understand how fetal ECG may help improve outcomes (Advanced CTG Masterclass)
- CTG pre- and post-course tests to help demonstrate change in knowledge by the CTG Masterclass (i.e. outcome)
This course has no spaces left
22 Have sold