Childbirth Emergencies in the Community – Manchester – 4 July 2018
6.5 Hours Relevant for CPD
£120 for full day of training, including lunch, tea and coffee. Please note administration fee charges of £40 per booking will be made for any cancellations as we are a not for profit organisation and will have incurred costs.
Please click to view our FAQs and booking policies.
Relevant For: For those who attend planned or unplanned births in the community such as community midwives, independent midwives, paramedics, MCAs, GPs & practice development midwives.
This one-day course will review and update on important elements in the management of emergency skills that may be needed when women birth at home.
Aims of the Course
To provide a hands-on practical session that offers clear guidelines and builds confidence on important elements in the management of emergency skills that may be needed when women birth in the community.
- Upright vaginal breech birth
- Neonatal resuscitation
- Cord prolapse (to include case discussion)
- Shoulder dystocia (also in water birth)
- Maternal collapse
- Postpartum haemorrhage (PPH)
- A physiological birth session (paramedics only)
- An overview of legal claims in maternity care
- Communication in a pre-hospital obstetric emergency