To provide hands-on, real-life and simulated, ultrasound instruction and training in small groups relevant to the care of women at risk of preterm birth, growth restriction, and stillbirth. Taught by leading experts in research and practice in the field.
- To provide a theoretical basis for the use of ultrasound in the prediction and prevention of adverse outcomes associated with preterm birth, growth restriction, and stillbirth
- To demonstrate and instruct in ultrasound skills relevant to these conditions, in particular:
- Uterine, umbilical, and fetal Dopplers
- Transvaginal scan assessment of the cervical and internal os
- To guide appropriate application and interpretation of these skills and findings within the clinical setting
This course is for all clinical staff with an interest in preterm delivery and the management of small babies. Heads of Midwifery, Midwifery Sisters, Sonographers, Screening Coordinators, Improvement Leads (those who are part of the Maternal and Neonatal Health Safety Collaborative or who are implementing the Saving Babies Lives Care Bundle), O&G Consultants and Trainees. Basic scanning experience is desirable, but not essential.